"Maps of Silence" can be presented in three formats:
- Thirty (30) Portraits; gouache on wood, 16 x 20 inches each. Portraits can be organized into different layouts according to the assigned space.
- Maps; ink on paper, irregular pieces presented as a large collage. Final size can be scaled in accordance with the assigned space.
- One Video; presents images of portraits, maps, project creation and the 4'33" performances worldwide on continuous looping play. Projection size can be scaled to fit assigned space.
- Three (3) Panels; foam board 31 x 15 inches each. Panels should be placed near entrance as they provide background information about the installation: Buenos Aires 1975, New York 1986, and 4'33" by John Cage.
- One room no smaller than 10 x 15 feet that can be partially isolated from ambient light and sound
- Localized lighting (e.g. spot lighting or similar) for portraits, maps and panels
- Video projector and sound system/speakers
- Sixty (60) mobiles of Portraits and Maps; 8 x 10 inch print reproductions of portraits and maps mounted double-sided on foam board. Hung on fish lines, images are placed at different heights/spacings and distance from the walls to create a spinning mobile effect.
- One Video; same at Full Exhibition
- Three (3) Panels; same as Full Exhibition
- Same as Full Exhibition
- Video; same as Full Exhibition. Shown via projector/screen, TV or computer monitor
- Three (3) Panels; same as Full Exhibition or a brochure with the same images and background information.
- A single wall partially isolated from ambient light and sound
- Video projector, TV or computer monitor
- Sound system/speakers